Redpine Signals Named in Gartner’s 2016 Cool Vendor List Mobile and Wireless
Published: 20 April 2016
Analyst(s): Leif-Olof Wallin, Nick Jones, Katja Ruud, Vishal Tripathi, Tim Zimmerman, Mike Gotta
Redpine Signals is proud to announce that it has been selected as one of the Gartner’s 2016 Cool Vendors in Mobile and Wireless. The following is a snapshot of the research report published by Gartner on April 20, 2016.
Gartner clients can get access to this premium report by clicking here.
Cool Vendors in Mobile and Wireless, 2016
Innovation in mobile and endpoint technology has moved toward "things"
and services — and away from devices. Mobility leaders supporting a digital
business strategy should review these cutting-edge companies that may
help realize objectives in endpoint services and the Internet of Things.
- Emerging beacon vendors have introduced improvements, such as more precise beacon
technology and more flexible options that reduce ancillary mobile technology overhead and
lower total cost of ownership.
- Vendors that provide end-to-end IoT solutions to quickly prototype new concepts and services
can add significant value, even if the finished product will use different technology.
- Wearables and other "smart" innovations that increase functional efficiencies by communicating
with a connected mobile device will grow in popularity. It is really only the use cases that limit
- Travel, retail and hospitality location-based technology is evolving in new directions, and
remains top of mind for many Gartner clients.
Mobility and endpoint strategy leaders should:
- Reassess the emerging beacon market for improved technology advances, and evaluate new
options that can consolidate or replace older technologies.
- Explore emerging IoT vendors that offer rapid prototype of initiatives end to end.
- Use pilot programs to assess emerging wearable and smart device product benefits, and
identify potential privacy issues.
- Examine location solutions that help organizations move from only "raw" location expressed in
coordinates to associating it with contextually relevant information.
The Gartner Cool Vendor Logo is a trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc., and/or its affiliates, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.